Monday, July 26, 2010

Don't Judge

Though I'm not really worried about being judged as I'm sure no one is reading. Despite this, for my own peace of mind, I'm adding a new post because some things, I just don't want to forget and I type waaaay faster than I write.
As of this winter, D rollerskated precisely 1 time. As in once. It was last spring, that would be 2009. This winter...that would be 2010, he announced that his true dream job is being a car hop at Sonic because he's such a great skater. This wasn't just a off the cuff comment, he talked of it daily and how wonderful he is at skating ,and how old do you have to be to have a job, and can you wear regular skates or only rollerblades, etc. Finally, this spring he found a pair of roller blades at a garage sale. They were $2 and he insisted on them. I thought it was going to be futile nightmare and I saw a lot of bandaids in our future. One time of skating does not a pro make. He started using them immediately and constantly. He actually started to get good. Then, in later spring we found another pair of rollerblades at a sale for $2, but they were of a top namebrand, so I picked those up too. Now he has two pair, one great pair, one spare/share pair. More than that, he's an awesome rollerblader. Like, really good. So due to his fantastic determination, from time to time, we have to drive out to Sonic for their 99 cent sundaes after 8pm so he can get pointers from the pros. I see a successful career in the making....how many 8 year olds practice on a daily basis for their future careers?

We had a great day at the Ludington State Beach this summer. We drove into town and it was swamped, way busier than it should've been. We couldn't even get to the regular in town beach, there were detours and it was a complete mess. Finally I noticed that they were having a Gus Macker tournament and told everyone that's what the deal was. We decided to go the beach up a little further by the campgrounds. It was nice and quiet there, very few people. As we're driving, A says, "Um, what's a Smacker anyway?"

1 comment:

  1. your alive!!!!!! thanks for the great pics & the update!!! I check the blog almost every day, hoping against hope you will have updated... today, I win!!! :)
    Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete